Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I and J

Two letters tonight because I just couldn't concentrate last week.

I is for infant and infection. My new grandson arrived last Tuesday morning complete with a Group B Strep infection that quickly turned into meningitis. This is not quite the birth experience one hopes for when welcoming a new baby into the family, but there is somehow something about it that draws its members together. Thankfully, it looks like our little guy is going to be okay. He was put on antibiotics early and had a wonderful team of nurses and physicians caring for him. We have one of the best hospitals right here in Rochester, NY which will be his home for another week while he finishes his course of antibiotics. Our little grandson has had a host of people all over the country praying for him and his family. We are truly blessed.

J is for Jacob, and that is his name. I think he is beautiful.


For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.


25 comments:

  1. hello Grammy, you are truly blessed.
    Hello Jakey Fred. you are most cute and loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed!
      And he is cute. Even with a bear on his cheek he's cute. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad JACOB is doing better!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyful, joyful that litle Jacob is going to be well. Congrats on a beautiful new grandson.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is beautiful. Think he looks like his brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so thankful he is doing better! Praying for him still my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth. God has blessed us more than we even know!

      Delete
  6. Add one more to the list who are praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. We appreciate all the prayers.

      Delete
  7. little Jacob is a fighter. hoping for his fast recovery.

    J is for...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is fighting hard. Hopefully, he will be home soon.

      Delete
  8. Well, I think you have the best J for this round! Happy birthday Jacob!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out perfectly that his name starts with J!

      Delete
  9. Precious little boy! He has been in my prayers a lot today, as has all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth. I probably should have said "people all over the world are praying for him." :)

      Delete
  10. Thank goodness for modern medicine. My cousin's little boy is a Jacob too.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Joy, I am more than thankful. I shudder to think where we would be without it.

      Delete
  11. I hope the precious little one will feel better soon!
    Juice in Jars
    Your comment always bring joy to me, so leave me one when you can.

    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, he is looking good and acting like a normal, healthy baby now. What a relief!

      Delete
  12. Here's to all ailing kids and their parent's...may the Holy Spirit be a comfort and a guide♫!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many are praying for this little one. We know the Lord is close. Thank you.

      Delete