Monday, October 01, 2012

Time

It's time for a new post...

It's time. Time to clean off the back porch and stack firewood. Time to take my favorite swing down and stow it away in the barn. Time to pull this year's plants out of my garden boxes. Time for the leaves to change. Time to pick apples and make pumpkin pie. Time to wear long sleeves and time to plan indoor chores and projects.


It's time to wash, fold, and actually put the laundry away. It's time to eat pie and moan about the bathroom scale. It's time to buy Christmas presents, or at least start thinking about it. It's time to buy Halloween Candy and pray no one comes to the door. It's time to give the dog a bath (actually, it's past time...). And it's time for a nice hot soak in the tub. Yeah, that sounds good. Think I'll do that.

11 comments:

  1. Martha ~ I just want to stay home and sleep! My schedule for the past several months has been so non-stop. August was our trip to Oregon, and we stayed three different places on the way..(visiting is hard work too) and missed my own bed. Then back home and football games, another trip with my sister to see Hal, back home, and now in the middle of planning a birthday party for Don's 75th in November..but wait...we are going to Idaho next week for 8 days (a plane ticket paid for and gifted to us from Trula's daughter that lives there....then Thanksgiving, Christmas. I think I want to sleep through Jan 2013!!!

    I think I can make it, if I had a slice of your apple pie, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said that it was time to pick apples and make pumpkin pie, now how do you make pumpkin pie out of apples? ;-) I LOVE this time of year and all of the things you mentioned, except for bathing the dog. Haven't really thought about Christmas yet, but it's just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a funny one, Rachel.
      By the way, the dog finally got her bath.

      Delete
  3. It IS time for all that, isn't it? How did that happen? Last I knew we were in the midst of planning weddings. What in the world have I been doing these three months since then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joeks, I completely agree and agree completely.

      Delete
  4. If you're anything like me, you buy the Halloween candy early and then can't stop eating it! lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, somebody eats the Halloween candy anyway. :0)

      Delete