Monday, September 03, 2012

Going for a Walk

It was a long day with not too much to do other than dishes and laundry. I emptied both the dishpan and laundry tub twice, but alas! they do not stay empty. I decided to take Sofie for a short walk in the orchard.

The silly little dog was delighted to find that I was finally taking her along. She ran ahead, sniffed under trees, and had a grand ol' time. We had some unexpected company on our jaunt. Oreo decided to tag along, meowing as he went. It's kind of nice taking one's dog for a walk, but when the cat decides all on his own to accompany you, it is extra special. (Too bad I left my camera home.)

Since I didn't walk far with the cat and dog, I was more than happy to walk with James an hour or so later. We took the long walk across the street all the way to the backside of the apple trees. I need a walk like this every day or I will soon be out of clothing. :)

 One more day before school starts...


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We had a cat Teddy that took walks with us just like a dog. It was hilarious! I would love to have that orchard to walk through..it's beautiful! Love that last photo with the barn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherman and I took a walk tonight...and now he is snoring and twitching! I think he is dreaming about our walk...perhaps including a cat this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't want to be out of clothes now do you? That would be... embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, there is nothing quite like the view of home from the orchard.

    Priscilla, maybe it is time for Sherman to have a friend. :)

    Oh yes, Bethany! Far too embarrassing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend and I try to walk every evening...time to chat...look at the neighbours gardens...laugh at funny colours on garage doors...you know...that kind of thing..we are not so lucky to live in the country...but, we do have our cottage...ahhhh..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ps...no dog..but we did have a cat named Kramer who used to tag along...quite funny indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, living in the city affords plenty of opportunity to walk too, but I guess no matter where one lives, it's always nicer to have a walking partner.

    ReplyDelete