Monday, September 10, 2012

Dragging His Feet

I am still waiting for my grandson to arrive. I'd really like to hold him while he is still small...

Can I tell you how proud I am of my daughter? She is a trooper. I'm fairly certain she is tired of waiting for this baby to come, but she is taking each day as it comes and I haven't heard any complaints. Her due date came and went last week. She passed up her Auntie Kathy's birthday on Friday and Grandparent's Day yesterday, but she's taken advantage of the time by making a test run to the hospital Saturday morning, seeing a movie with a friend on Saturday (The Odd Life of Timothy Green), counting blessings yesterday, and running errands today. Tomorrow she goes back to the doctor's office.

I am looking forward to a busy weekend. My son's fiance' bought airline tickets for her and Jim to come home for the weekend. It was her surprise birthday present to him. It's his birthday, but it's like we're getting a present too! There are plans for chili and sopapillas, and I'm sure an apple pie or two will be finding their way into my oven. Can you tell I'm smiling?

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful present, indeed...
    She sounds like a very thoughtful person...
    Fingers crossed your grandbaby arrives ASAP!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling for you. I just adore that picture of you and Bethany. She continues to be a delight in my memory bank.

    Soon, Baby, Soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anticipating all wonderful things! How fun! Taylor was a week overdue. Oh my. But he was worth waiting for. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't God sooo good! Bethany has her newest son just in time to be rested a bit before jim and michele are here, just as she prayed. So thankful for your blessings!

    ReplyDelete