Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baby Cakes

His name is Jacob Alfred. She wanted to name him after her grandpa, and so we still have "Fred".

The baby has been transferred to the bigger Rochester hospital along with his mommy who is feeling sore and weepy this morning. I don't know when Bethany will be released, but the baby will need to stay for seven to ten days. On a good note, she was able to hold him for a little while last night, during which time he was quiet and had his eyes open. This momma prayed her daughter would be able to hold her baby. I love when God answers prayer.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. I will continue to pray for Bethany and Jacob.
    My second born was a NICU baby. They are the best there. The days seem endless while you are in there but one day will be a tender memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Bethany and Grandpa. Children named after grandparents are special. Our Myk's middle name is Howard after his grandfather.

    Will be praying for little Jacob and Bethany..Sending much love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying too, Martha. Poor Bethany, having to come home without little Jacob:( Strong has the best N.I.C.U. He will be well taken care of...hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful she was able to hold baby "Fred". Praying for her and for the baby and for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the arrival of your newest grandson!
    Bethany and Jacob Alfred will be in my prayers.
    Trusting that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I hear what she named him I get teary all over again. I just love it! We and our small group have been praying.

    ReplyDelete