Friday, September 07, 2012

On to the Weekend

That baby has not yet arrived. (click here) He is a dawdler. Instead of making a grand appear- ance, this small child left Petra and I an opportunity to visit Bethany today. Someone else special came around too, and he brought lunch. What a nice daddy that girl has!

We had a week full of beautiful weather with "a little" rain sand- wiched in. It came down in buckets! Tonight we are getting some more rain. The clouds were rolling in when I decided perhaps I needed a short orchard walk. I tucked a plastic grocery bag in my pocket, just in case I should come upon any nice looking apples. Sofie thought it would be nice to accompany me, and Oreo couldn't resist a good orchard walk either. Even James decided to tag along.

We found several trees with some good looking 20 Ounce apples. Seeing as that nice farmer picks our Greenings, we traded him for a few fabulous pie apples and a snack apple or two. The crates are between the trees, empty and waiting to be filled. No telling how long those babies will be on the trees. I'm guessing they'll likely disappear sometime tomorrow and then if I want anymore I'll be buying them from a different farmer at the stand down the road. For all the bad weather early in the season, the trees aren't looking too bad, in fact, some of them are loaded!

2 comments:

  1. My granddaughter took forever to arrive - did NOT want to be born. She was several days late and in the end they needed a C-section to get her out. To this day she is never in a rush to go anywhere - putters along and drives her mother - my daughter - crazy. Her brother on the other was in such a rush to arrive he was born at home - didn't have time to get to the hospital. He is always ready on time to go anywhere - ready and waiting at the door (usually waiting for his sister to appear).

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny how we can look back and see personality tendencies from birth. I see it in some of my kids too!

    We are four days over now and still waiting. He'll get here in his own sweet time. She sees the Dr again tomorrow and they'll check to make sure he's okay. Nice that they can do that.

    ReplyDelete