Thursday, September 27, 2012

Paths and Ways

You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways.
Psalm 139:3

I am the kind of person who likes to know where I am going and what I am doing, but God is teaching me something different. I am trying to learn. Okay, so maybe I am not trying very hard. I am struggling instead to understand what I am supposed to be doing. Part of me wants to get out of the house and "do something", and another part wants to be content in my home (which is hard to do when the sun is shining and the days are slipping into autumn).

My "flower" situation is unsettled. Having just one small child during the day makes going out easy, and accomplishing any great task difficult. Taking off on the lawn tractor doesn't happen with a two year old playing outside (or napping inside for that matter). A little voice inside my head keeps telling me I should be doing something "important", as if loving small children isn't. Perhaps what that little voice really means is something "fun", but can't I have fun with this little girl? Silly me! Of course I can, and of course I have!

Truthfully, I love preschoolers. They are my favorite age group and I have been blessed with preschoolers for the past six years. Maybe my real struggle is that I haven't taken full advantage of the opportunity. I will have to think about that for a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment