Saturday, November 19, 2011

Making Snowmen

It was another beautiful fall day. I felt like being creative. Next to Hannah's little house sit some abandoned fence pieces. I decided they needed some help.

I picked out two paint brushes, some white paint, filled my paint pot with water, and headed outside. Sitting on the ground wasn't too uncomfortable, but pretty soon the wind kicked up a bit and I didn't think my paint was drying well. Besides, my hands were cold. So much for being a plein air painter... I dumped the water out of the pot and gathered my supplies. After hoisting the fence section off the ground a few inches (it wasn't heavy), I headed for the house.


Once inside I coerced Hannah into helping me out, and we each worked on a character. I don't know about Hannah, but I thought it was fun, and I think they're cute. Maybe they can live out in my yard this winter. Maybe I can make them some friends.

:0)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks like fun! I love their hats.

    Do you still have picket fence walls in your living room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Betsy, we don't. It's a little bit sad when I think about it. We thought about selling and I didn't want to show my house with half painted garden in the living room, so we painted over them. :(

    Rachel, thanks. It really was fun. A good relaxing Saturday afternoon project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they will look adorable outside, or even in the house. Clever, you girls...Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC!
    You have a career ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sweet, Stacy, but I'm afraid decorative painting holds out little hope of a career. Supply and demand just don't pay the bills. They hardly pay for paint! However, I do find it therapeutic, so perhaps I will continue regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good use of you time!
    my creative genes have gone have gone to pot.. well, not that kind of pot but are not active at this time.. the mood I have been in any creative endeavor would end up Jackson Pollock-ed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, of course, had to look up Jackson Pollock. Judi, you do have a way of painting your own pictures, and I think I understand perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove your snowmen. And they SHALL live in your yard this winter. :)

    ReplyDelete