Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pies, Apple Pies

I spent hours in the kitchen after a long day of running errands. The pumpkin was finally pureed and stowed in the refrigerator, two apple pies baked happily in the oven. It was time for a rest.

"Hey, Mom," Hannah called, "What's burning?"

There was smoke coming out of the oven, that's what I was told. I pictured it billowing, even thought I really knew it was just juice from the pies overflowing onto the bottom of my stove. Too late for the trusted cookie sheet underneath now... I guess we'll be enjoying the aroma of burnt apples for several more rounds of baking. :)

At least the pies aren't burnt.

5 comments:

  1. 20 oz apples? :)
    you are starting the pie parade again! love it , now if I can remember what date you posted the pie primer...

    Word varication: redum owww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pies look wonderful! Just scrape that up with a spatula now that it has cooled. I have to do that with pizza cheese every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi, The Pie Primer- http://justseven.blogspot.com/2010/11/abc-wednesday-letter-p.html

    Carl, :)

    Betsy, that is a good idea. But, I'll probably forget until I heat it up again for banana bread tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judi, these apples were Braeburns (sp?)

    ReplyDelete