Sunday, November 13, 2011

Questions to Dodge

There are too many questions bouncing around inside my little brain... It's a good thing I'm pretty good at dodge-ball. (Do you know they're not allowed to play that in NY State schools anymore?)

I've decided that not all questions have an answer. Then again, sometimes the answer is simply, "I don't know," and sometimes it's, "Let me think about it and get back to you." Very often the light in there (my brain) just doesn't go on. (You know the saying, "there's a light in the attic but nobody's home?") Well, sometimes the light is missing altogether. If you're confused, don't worry, you're not alone. :)

PS. I know not all questions can be dodged. Not to worry, I'm not dodging all of them.

4 comments:

  1. I was going to dodge responding out of confusion... but I *think* I am following you.
    Why can't they play dodgeball... *sigh* They CAN still play it in LEAH groups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it's dangerous, of course!

    NY State moves to restrict wiffle ball, dodge ball, and kick ball

    Danielle Sullivan
    April 19, 2011

    School will be soon be out but if it’s up to the New York State Health Department, a lot of city kids might be spending their time indoors.

    The New York State Health Department created a list of what they deemed “risky recreational activities” and is forcing many summer programs to ban these games unless they shell out extra funds to be recognized as an official summer camp. They say the activities listed pose a “significant risk of injury” and have been named as hazards which need to be regulated at day camps.

    While proper supervision and safety concerns rank high on every parent’s list of priorities, the games that have been deemed unsafe and risky might shock a lot of city parents who grew up playing these ‘dangerous’ games


    Then again, perhaps they just need new names for old games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how many kids broke bones or got concussions playing dodge ball? I'll bet none. I personally don't see anything wrong with scraping a knee or an elbow once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. brings to mind; all's well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete