Monday, November 07, 2011

Autumn Days

I am reveling in the last few days of comfortable autumn weather. I refuse to be dissuaded from my enjoyment by  frigid weather yet to come. There is still beauty to absorb, crinkly leaves to rustle through, and smoky orchard air to breathe. The squirrels are busy frolicking in the nearly naked tree branches and little birds are hopping about getting ready for winter too. There is an ever growing woodpile emerging on my back porch, and now that the clocks have been set back, the dark of evening chases us inside just a little bit sooner than last week. I still love fall.

3 comments:

  1. Get in silly girl! Orchard smoke is going to get your allergies in a dither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! What was I thinking? (Actually, there wasn't any smoke out there yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, there was an orchard fire not far away tonight. What a lovely smokey smell in the air. :)

    ReplyDelete