Friday, November 25, 2011

The Frosting On Top

 He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes;
Psalm 147:16

We woke up to frost on Thanks- giving morning; cold and pretty. It doesn't last long, so on my way to tie out the dog and fetch the newspaper, I grabbed my camera too. The orchard across the street was filled with a smokey haze and the sun was working it's way into the sky.

There is nothing quite like early morning. Whether I am squeezing my eyes shut and snuggling back down under the covers or heading out the back door, a new day always to holds fresh treasures. Even frosted blades of grass are gifts if we just take the time to notice the beauty. I'm learning to stop, if only for a moment, and soak it in.

My list of "1000 Gifts" continues to grow. Little things like frost covered blades of grass seem almost insignificant at first glance, but shine like jewels written on the pages of my Thankful Journal. Sunshine and shadows, ripples on water, scent of lilacs, snow covered branches...

2 comments: