Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lessons From the Leaves

I suppose I may never tire of watching autumn leaves. Happy, colorful, and carefree, they dance through their final days...

Old age brings a new dimension to the life of a leaf. No longer tethered to the tree, they are free to twirl and dance. They fly through the air and sail on the breeze, spinning as they go. Early life found them supple and green, working hard to provide for their own. Now time has colored them red, orange, yellow and bronze, and left them brittle and stiff. They are dying, yet are, in some ways, more alive than ever before. It's almost as if they know the time is short and they are determined to make the most of it.

Can I learn the lesson and what will it mean for me?

Look! It's a party!!!

2 comments:

  1. how do you feel about those SNOW FLAKES flying around this morning.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I missed the flakes...

    But how do I feel about snowflakes?... I'd actually prefer to stick with the leaves. Thanks for asking. ;)

    ReplyDelete