Monday, August 02, 2010

Traveling Along

I gave a bag of dresses away not long ago. I never wore them and thought it would be nice to pass them along to someone who might put them to good use. This week I dug deep into my closet and found my favorite denim dress, the one I wore to the beach in Florida a few years back. If ever I loved a dress, this was the one, and that is why it remained in my closet when the others moved on. It was the perfect dress for VBS this morning and felt like I had taken an old friend along.

This evening I took my "old friend" to the nursing home. I was surprised by the attention the dear thing gained. The ladies all told me how lovely I looked and what a pretty dress I was wearing. Some of them reached out to touch the soft denim when I stopped to say hello. It made me smile and wonder why I had left this "old friend" to hang alone in my closet for so many years.

Now, I wonder what I will wear to VBS tomorrow...

9 comments:

  1. I love dresses like that! Yours is really cute! And I'd wear it to VBS at least one more time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite certain I will wear this dress again before the week is out. I have been challenged by the request that I wear a skirt or dress, but only because I own so few at the present moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you're cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to ONLY wear skirts & dresses (every day)& it took me forever to get away from the "bondage"...they sure are comfy though...esp. in the summer (no stockings, just sandals, & no slip if it's dark enough material!). I had a favorite a few years ago...unfortunately I spilled bleach on it, and I could not find a replacement (it was purchased at VOA). I was very upset! I find it very difficult to do the things I need to do with Larry, if I'm wearing a dress or skirt. I do miss the comfort of my "favorite" .:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see a thing wrong with wearing it every day!!

    I love denim long skirts and dresses. Especially the soft denim.

    You look adorable in it... love the beach picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you weren't challenged by the request it would have remained hidden for who knows how long. Wasn't it nice of them to get you searching for "old friends".
    It does look very nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :)
    I will be on the lookout for more comfy dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have to keep wearing your favorite dress!! You can just think of it like your "VBS uniform"!!

    ReplyDelete