Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Losing My Marbles

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13


If you are familiar with the game of Chinese Checkers, you will understand that in the middle of the game one can feel slightly overwhelmed and helpless, especially if there are more than two colors moving across the board. There is little place to go and a move, even in the right direction, won't get you very far. The best laid plans often come to naught and thinking ahead often appears fruitless. I find this a little bit like life. Here in the middle, I am never quite sure what to expect or what tomorrow may bring, but I know the One who does. I know He is with me. He has the game strategy planned out and no move from the opposition leaves Him surprised or wondering what to do. He is teaching me patience, and I think maybe I am finally starting to learn. So long as I keep moving forward I will eventually reach the goal and all my marbles will be right where they belong. At least I hope so.

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to explain life. Is your Chinese Checker Board homemade??

    My mother was the "Queen" of Chinese Checkers...we could never beat her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin won one of the boards Priscilla was raffling for Haiti. :)
    I love Chinese Checkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff is always happening at your corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete