Saturday, July 31, 2010

Frazzled?

It has been a long week and I am worn to a frazzle. Though I desperately needed a nap this afternoon, sleep did not come. I hope that means I will sleep well tonight.

There was a day many years ago when I was worn beyond frazzled. Just before I fell "over the edge," my darling bought me a plane ticket and sent me on a vacation to visit his sister in Texas. She took me to Glamor Shots. That's where they erase the face you were born with and draw on a new one... Right now I'm not looking for new face, just a good night's sleep.

9 comments:

  1. That trip was awesome! You should come out again...this time we'll skip the glamor shots. We'll just dress you up ourselves ;-)...after you get some much needed rest of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous photo! I like you glammed up! ;) I hope you sleep well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just doesn't look like you to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Priscilla, it doesn't look like you. I guess that's because they erased the face you were born with and drew on a new one. Haha! I love you just the way you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would be fun to be glamored up for a day and have my picture taken...it must have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an hilarious way to describe a glamour shot! It is a beautiful picture. I hope you are able to get that needed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your are so funny Martha. Love your way with words and sense of humor.

    The picture is lovely, and sounds like it was a really fun trip.

    My daughter and I need to have a getaway, and spend a some time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when Glamour Shots were so "in." My mother-in-law and sister-in-law treated themselves to a day. The photos were hard to believe! Yours looks awesome, too. But it is much darker than you are. You seems much more of the LIGHT than that, in real life.
    Hoping today finds you well rested and filled with His energy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Martha, I remember when your sweet husband did that! I do hope you get some rest:-)

    ReplyDelete