Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ABC Wednesday- Letter F

F is for faith and family. (I'm onto a family theme now and figure I'll keep with it as long as I can...)

Faith. I've not known life any other way. My parents always lived their faith. It wasn't something they put on Sunday morning and left in the closet for the rest of the week. Faith is the glue that held our family together and continues to do so. Throughout my father's illness I often returned to the realization that he was living to the end what he had taught us through the years. Faith without works (the day to day living out of one's belief) is dead. James 2:26, and yet even though my father's body is now dead, his faith lives on. He fought the good fight, finished the race, and kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

Speaking of family, this is mine. Well, my kids anyway. They love to have fun and, I think, have become friends though the process of time. I pray that faith will keep them together also. I think they are fabulous!

To see the other participants in the new round of ABC Wednesday, click here!

9 comments:

  1. Family ~~ a good theme for both of us.

    Just love your still life photo! It's so touching.

    Your kids are darling, and this picture of them just makes me happy all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post for the F Day! What lovely children you have! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good take on the theme and a great shot of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was impressive, Martha!! So many F words:-) I loved your themes for today and how important they both are!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith and family - a wonderful F post!

    Thanks for participating.

    Donna - ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. as they used to say, keep the faith! Love family.

    On behalf of ABC Wednesday team, thank you! - ROG

    ReplyDelete
  7. great to see a family having fun. My oldest daughter is in Singapore, and we are excited to have her visit us in Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yes.. family and faith.. both related and important words..! :)

    My ABC W post

    ReplyDelete