Wednesday, June 24, 2009

San Francisco

I didn't even leave town but still felt the effects of jet lag. It must have been that early morning trip to the airport on Saturday and the late night return trip on Monday. In spite of the crazy mixed up schedule and lack of sleep, I am glad my husband was able to make the trip to California to see his dad and two of his sisters, or was it three?

Lori met James at the San Francisco airport and they shared a hotel and rental car. We didn't want to impose on the family out there, especially since Dad has been so sick and in and out of the hospital. (He's looking pretty good here.)

Kim is in California from New Mexico and is helping Dad and Pon for an extended period of time. James and Lori decided to take Kim and the girls, Kim's daughter, Abby, and Dad's granddaughter, Imani, for a ride to Stinson Beach. It looks beautiful in the pictures.

I hear they had a wonderful "Thanksgiving" dinner on Sunday afternoon with a turkey and all the trimmings. Of course Dad's family was there too. It was a short visit but a good one, I think. Maybe next time I'll go along to meet the family and see California...

2 comments:

  1. I recommend you go visit as soon as you can and as much as you can. We only have one family and when they are gone - there is no chance of getting them back to say, "I love you" and other things we want to share with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your husband was able to go see his Dad.
    That is such a long trip.

    I think travel is more stressful on the people waiting and praying at home than the travelers themselves.

    Have a great week and rest up!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete