Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blogger Fun (part 2)

Wednesday's trip to Sonnenberg Gardens was tough to match. The sky was rather overcast on Thursday and I wasn't quite sure what type of adventure to pursue. We had both Josh and Lucas in tow so we couldn't do anything too extravagant. I decided to take it easy on both the body and the pocketbook. After eating breakfast and watching Dave fill a large planter with an assortment of plants for one of his jobs, we packed up a stroller, 2 diaper bags, the little boys, and a very large container of sunflower seeds and headed off to Mendon Ponds Park where the birds normally eat out of our hands.
There were no hungry birds on this trip, although I did see one flashy red cardinal way up in the tree branches. There were no eager chickadees, no nuthatches, and no sparrows looking for a handout this time. There were, however, plenty of "famished" squirrels and chipmunks. If these little guys are not the healthiest critters around, they are certainly the best fed.
Since I wasn't holding the camera, there are not too many photos of Denis and Tracy at Mendon Ponds. And, where we were disappointed in the lack of birds, it was made up for somewhat in the fact that the squirrels came running down the path to meet us as though we were long lost friends. Josh thought it was great and when we would move on, he'd wave and say "Bye, Squirrel."

After a quick stop at Wendy's for a bite to eat, we drove up to the Irondequoit Bay outlet to toss some stale cereal to the waterfowl. Not a particularly exciting trip...
Later on Tracy and I did some laundry and took Denis to the Heluva Good Cheese Store in Sodus (I had never been there so this was new for me) and when we got home James cooked up some white hots for supper.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, what is a white hot? sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the link, Judi! Click on the words in Martha's post.

    Mart, your link for huluva didn't work! It sounds fun. I am a little envious that you got to spend so much time with them while I had to work! But I am glad that at least one of us three girls had that much time! You are a great hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was bummed about not being able to get off work Thursday and Friday, but was thankful that I had Wednesday to spend with them. It was also nice to have them over for a BBQ on Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Priscilla!! Mart's link is so pale I missed it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had two requests: white hots and frozen custard. both of which were graciously provided by our hosts. The white hots are a bit milder than regular red hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete