Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! 1 John 3:1a

...and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3b


What an awesome privilege to be a child of God! I am thankful for my earthly father, I am blessed by the father of my children, but I am in awe of my Heavenly Father! As he draws me into a closer walk with Him, as He changes my heart and mind and tunes my thoughts to His, I am blessed. So, this Father's Day, as my husband is away spending time with his earthly father, I give thanks to my Savior for loving me, for forgiving me, for making me His child, and for walking beside me day by day. I know He loves me and what could be better than that?!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Martha. I too am thankful for our Heavenly Father today. I hope you are enjoying your peace and quiet time! (It sounds wonderful to me!) I had a dream last night that I was in your neck of the woods, and met up with you! It was lots of fun. Maybe one of these days Cheryl and I can come meet you. I am sure we would have plenty of fellowship over a cup of tea...., or a diet coke at the beach....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Martha, I was so blessed by reading it.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete