Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dreaming of the Beach

So the men marveled, saying, "Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"
Matthew 8:27


A day at the beach sounds absolutely wonderful right now. A good book to read, a pair of sunglasses and a beach umbrella, a tall cool drink...and of course, the waves lapping gently at the shore. Shall I go down to the lake or take a trip to the ocean? Oh, if only I had my choice I think I might do a bit of traveling and visit some friends and family. A little time with my friend, Ann, in Florida along with a hop over to Barb's place on the east coast; a trip up to Nova Scotia to visit Grandmanita and dip my toes into the frigid waters of the Atlantic Ocean; and of course, a trip out to the West Coast to visit all of my friends there and to sit on the beaches of the Pacific Ocean. Ahh, yes, a very good plan indeed...

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever looked at the ocean without thinking of the verse you quote.

    Or laid on the beach at high tide and remembered that the Lord has set the limits of how far that mighty body of water can come!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, bring it on, and I will show you a ocean :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so relate with Joy.... I have been dreaming of the ocean too. In fact, Don was so sweet, we have a casette of the ocean and sea gulls, and he played that while I napped yesterday.

    Love your banner. I really need to change mine, but I had Darlene's sister do my first one, and I don't know if I would ruin it! Love your colors and the wall paper on your background.

    Nice!

    LOL:Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are very close to the ocean, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, I must not forget to stop in South Jersey during my travels. I have a good friend there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ocean too. Even a nice lake or river is good. It amazes me how we are connected to the rest of God's creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always liked that verse. Oh, the mighty power of Jesus!

    Hey, no ocean here, but if you need a break on your "journey", stop by here awhile too. We'll have a picnic by the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, a picnic by the pond sounds lovely! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete