Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blogger Fun (part 3)

My dear husband, James, decided to accompany us on Friday's excursion with Tracy and Denis. Before heading to Rochester we stopped by the church to ask Pastor Stan where to find a good coffee house. He happens to be a coffee connoisseur like Denis, so we knew he would steer us in the right direction. Not only did he give some good locations but he offered to make both Denis and Tracy a cup of coffee right there at church. (We have a fancy cafe'.) Denis chose cappuccino and Tracy a sugar-free almond Latte. We had taken them to the right place and met up with the right man! Thank you, Pastor Stan.

Thursday evening Tracy had looked up some information on Rochester and so we set off to see what could be found. We drove up East Avenue where the rich and famous once lived and stopped by the George Eastman House. The outside gardens were quite pretty. We opted not to pay the $10 fee to get inside the mansion, instead we headed toward downtown and stopped at Brown's Race and the High Falls. Lots of history and some interesting sites. We had accidentally stumbled upon the "official" Rochester Welcome Center. Too bad I hadn't known about it earlier in the week...

Before heading home we made our way down to Charlotte, Ontario Beach Park, and the Port of Rochester. A few years ago we could have seen the Fast Ferry but it no longer makes it's home on Lake Ontario. We grabbed a quick bite to eat at Harbor Hots and then walked back across the street for a frozen custard from Abbott's. Mmmm, mmmm, good!

Rachel had a BBQ planned for Friday evening and Tracy and I had a salad and a jello to finish, so after a quick grocery store stop, we went home to assemble our picnic contributions. It was a relaxed evening of good food and plenty of company. Priscilla was there with her girls, Beth and Adam came, as well as Jim and Josiah, and also my mom and Dad.

What a fun time. I am blessed to have Tracy and Denis as friends, blessed to have had them stay at my house, and blessed that we had this time to spend together. I hope they were able to find that coffee shop in Rochester on their way out of town and that they have a safe trip home to Oregon this next week. I'm looking forward to meeting again someday!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got to visit with some very nice people from my neck of the woods. They are so much nicer in person than I am. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time and you did get some nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have spent Friday with you guys...well, more than just the picnic. What I got to see of them, I liked. Very sweet people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh me too!!! I really wish that I had opted to do this library practicum in the fall (for several reasons). I am glad that I got to spend Wednesday with them though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would have been so much fun to have spent all three days together. I guess we'll just have to make our way to Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like another fun day!
    I went to the High Falls visitor center with my guests before... it is nice in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All right girls. I left you wanting more on purpose. Just a ploy to get you to come out here and visit me. I've got the whole itinerary planned out. :o)

    ReplyDelete