Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blogger Fun (part 1)

It has been a fun week. I have met new people, gone new places and learned new things. Three years ago my sisters and I met Tracy on the blog. Now we have met both her and her husband, Denis, in person too. I'm not sure I can give an adequate recap of the past few days, but I shall make a valiant attempt.
Tracy and Denis arrived in time for supper on Tuesday and we had a wonderful few days together. On Wednesday Jim, and Rachel joined us for a ride down to Canandaigua where we met up with Priscilla and toured Sonnenberg Gardens. What a beautiful place! It was sad to see the gardens in such a state of disrepair but enchanting none the less. (I'm looking forward to a return trip in the near future.)
Around 1 o'clock we left the gardens for a lunch break at Gudrun and Gary's Rheinblick German Restaurant. It was wonderful as usual. Both Rachel and I enjoyed Reuben sandwiches. The best part was that Tracy got to meet another fellow blogger, Gudl. It was so much fun!
Here is the Blog Party at the Rheinblick where Gudrun joined us for a group photo.
After lunch we waited for Alicia to get off the school bus and she joined us for the remainder of our Sonnenberg Gardens tour.
Back at home Tracy, Denis and I decided to check out Lake Ontario and watch the sunset. It was a beautiful day!

6 comments:

  1. Yep, you had a good time, I can tell by Tracy's face she was having a blast! looking forward to part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) They are very sweet people. I can't wait to see them again when we go out west!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you live in a beautiful area and had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had a nice time in Canandaigua! It was nice meeting you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee! I just found your series of posts about our visit. :o) What fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://darcisalisbury.com/mat/10:51 PM, June 21, 2009

    Hi Martha,
    I've spent time tonight going through emails and comments from my blog - the first time since Eden Grace was born. Funny thing as I read around your blog - I noticed that there was a post about DENNIS ... but I had just been at my new friend (As of recent from my blog) Rachel's blog - and she had the same photo! So, I dig futher to find out you are sisters? Small blog world, huh? I am blessed and have added the both of you to my reader :)
    Will be reading...
    May your week be blessed and joy filled.
    Darci

    ReplyDelete