Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh, Deer!

As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.

Psalm 42:1


Each week I look forward to Tuesday morning ladies' prayer and Bible study. Not only is it a time of fellowship but I have come to enjoy bringing my praise and prayer requests before the Lord in a group setting. At one time I was afraid to pray in front of others, but through time it has become more natural. It is not a competition but something we do together. What a blessing to see God answer our prayers!

In our study time we are slowly working our way through the book of 1 Corinthians, this week in chapter 11. I find it amazing how the Lord speaks to my heart and reaffirms what I have been reading on my own or may have heard in another message in recent days.

This week we talked a little bit about a woman's role of submission. The woman does not take a lesser spot of importance, in Christ we are equals, but as Christ submitted Himself to the will of the Father, so we as women, are called to be in submission to our husbands. Not an easy task, but God has shown me in recent years how vitally important this is in my life. I am ashamed to admit how often my husband was right and I was wrong. I am learning to let go. It is still hard and sometimes I find myself struggling, but it is getting easier.

PS. James and I went for a short walk in the orchard this evening after supper. I took my camera along just in case I should happen to spot a deer. What do you know? I saw one!

5 comments:

  1. That is a sweet post Martha.
    I love your candor. I think most of us are hesitant to pray before others depending on what group we are in.

    So much of the time I cry as I pray if I am praying alone or with my husband and that is natural for me, but it causes me to hesitate to pray in a group.

    The submission issue is a problem that was probably the hardest thing for me of all. I have come a long way in 53+ years, but am not quite to perfection yet :)!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Martha you are always a source of inspiration and integrity.

    Sometimes praying in a group just gets easier the more years you are exposed to it. I love the feeling of praying with my Sisters in Christ.

    Submission....Just when I think I am... I reminded I'm not... a process!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Submission?....Oh I'm an expert. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, you are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There He goes again, romancing you! See what He gave you this time? A deer!! What a great God.

    (Notice how I avoid commenting on submission... Not my best topic. I've got a long way to go.)

    ReplyDelete