Tuesday, May 28, 2019

What's Going On?

Is there a post within? I've asked myself this question several times while staring blankly at the computer screen or spinning off a post that ends up being nothing more than a draft in a file folder. The truth is, I want to write posts about funny children, family picnics, and grand adventures. You know, the kind of stuff I used to write about, but life is a little off track right now and when those things do happen, they get a little lost in the shuffle of thoughts.

I did sit and play dishes and pretend food with Idris after work one day last week. We were outside at the picnic table in the driveway and his daddy was mowing the front lawn. the game entertained the small child long enough for Sergio to take a shower while the little guy was busy. And then last night, we took a walk around the big block while Hannah and Sergio got ready to go out to a picnic. He likes to stop and poke sticks and leaves down into the storm sewer grates alone the way. When he runs I have to walk fast to keep up, but when he's looking down into the watery darkness of the storm sewer, I try to be patient and wait, because I remember looking down into them when I was about his size.

I had a rough morning at work. Just didn't feel like myself. Tired, achy, and irritated. (I was being much nicer than I felt...) On my lunch break I took a couple ibuprofen and tried to catch a short nap. I didn't sleep much, but I did find myself feeling better a little later. Not sure what has me off, the weather, allergies, or the abscess under my arm. I'll go see a doctor when my new health coverage kicks in this weekend. In the meantime, since I don't have a fever and it's not giving me too much grief, I'll stick to warm compresses and keeping my hands off it.

The 30 Day Cleanse is going good for me. Nine days in now and I don't feel starved. I'm making better choices and drinking a whole lot more water. Sometimes I miss my coffee, but not too much. I haven't even missed eating meat and that is kind of amazing. Had a great salad last night at Panera Bread. I customized a Modern Greek Salad. Erased the Feta cheese and replaced those two things with cucumbers and olive oil. (Hannah is a genius.)

It's a short work week due to the holiday yesterday, and another short one next week because I took Thursday and Friday off. Going on a women's retreat with a few friends. I'm feeling both excited and a little intimidated all at once. ha ha!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Martha, that retreat is just what the doctor ordered.
    Time for just you and your friends.
    It's gonna be a good time...
    You are so tender with the Littles...
    That's why they love you...
    It's going to be a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certain God knows what He is doing, even if I don't. Being with these women will be wonderful, as will a couple days off.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Martha- I am the same way- I just don't have the time/gumption to take all the family pics I once did...and that is okay for right now. Glad you had some playtime and that the cleanse is going good for you.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss my photography, but I might need a new computer soon, to hold the photos. Ha ha! They are also on cards and discs. Yes, playtime is good. Next time though, when I take him around the block, I'm going to take my camera along so I have something to do while he peers into the watery darkness.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Thanks. I'll try and remember that.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, a women's retreat sounds lovely. I'm sure each of the ladies feels a bit intimidated, but by the time it's over, you'll all be connected and encouraged. I love how you stop at the storm drains!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this past week at work a retreat is sounding lovely! Ha ha!
      Can't rush the small child looking with wonder down dark holes int he ground! It just wouldn't be right.
      :0)

      Delete