Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Covered in Kids

I had a few minutes this morning, after passing out breakfast, t visit the toddler room where I was bombarded with children holding books. (How do they know I'm a sucker for kid books?) A few piled onto my lap and soon I was covered with children. Okay, so there were three or four of them... I wasn't needed in the infant room yet and while I was covered in toddlers, the second toddler teacher was able to help in another classroom for a few minutes. Jonah showed me a book of cartoon dinosaurs and he knew every color except gray. He just turned two at the end of February and is pretty amazing. When it came time for me to leave the room he crumpled up on the floor and cried just like he used to do. Aw...

It was a poopy morning in the baby room. Some days are just like that. One dirty diaper after another. By the time I was done the score was four stinky and one just wet.

This afternoon another small child cried when he was left in the baby room with me. The other teacher went on break and he was not happy. Ha ha! A piece of graham cracker, his blanket, and a small snuggle fixed it, but he cried at me all over again a few hours later.

Tonight I got to stay home and play with Number Nine while his mommy and daddy spent some time out. We looked at cars, played Duplos, swept the floor and vacuumed, and read some books. He has a book on time with lots of flaps to peek under, and he's pretty excited about his book of clocks. I told him it was a fantastic book. "Where'd you get this book?" I asked, not expecting an answer, but he said, "Target." We had a wonderful time looking at the pictures and I am amazed at how much he knows. He cried his head off when I put him in his crib, but once I let him get out to find his Hot-Wheels Mustang, he was fine. No noise after that.

2 comments:

  1. LOL- about the Target response. Is there anything more wonderful than sharing books and life and love with those grandkids?! I am glad you are so hands-on. So am I. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, there were several years when I didn't have anything left in me to give. I know those times were hurtful to some of my other kids, I wish it had been different than, but I am blessed to once again feel whole enough to give and love.

      Delete