Friday, May 17, 2019

Looking on the Bright Side

I am thankful. Just in case you think I'm not...

* My health plan did not cover that x-ray I had taken in April... but I didn't have an MRI and I do have a little bit of savings in my bank account... for now. I probably need to look into this matter.

* I cross the railroad tracks every day on my way to work. I go over them slowly, so (maybe) I won't have to replace the suspension in the Kia like I had to with the Mazda. The guy in the car behind me yesterday knew sign language... he didn't want to go slow for ten seconds, but he didn't run into the back of my car.

* I have a lot of stuff from the house to sort through. There boxes and boxes of stuff... I feel a bit overwhelmed, but getting rid of it, even a little at a time, will set me free. Baby steps.

* Stinkbugs and carpenter ants are not pleasing... but there is one less stinkbug in the world tonight, and carpenter ants, though definitely not good, do not actually eat houses. They only make their nests in wood that has already been damaged... and I think I know where the damage lies. Unfortunately, it is in a not-so-easy to access location. (I am thankful the roof no longer leaks and am guessing the bad spot is directly above the barn beam on the living room ceiling... or even in it.

* It rained almost every day this past week, with spots of sunshine interspersed. We had some very nice days with some very wet, rainy moments... It's supposed to be nice this weekend, and it's time for the Apple Blossom Festival.

4 comments:

  1. we are finally having a nice weekend as well. I am thankful for that, but we may have storms tomorrow. I am so tired of the rain!
    I pray that you find peace as you set out to get your life of the reminders of the past and move forward in your own way. May God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminders of the past are okay, good even, as long as they are used in a productive manner. I can move forward with memories as long as I don't unpack and live there instead of in the present.
      It was a beautiful day for a parade!

      Delete
  2. Baby steps but steps for sure...good for you.
    I understand that kind of sign language too. It's very popular around here...(:0)
    We have had a ton of rain and snow continuing in the mountains just 2 hours drive from our house.
    It is suppose to be really stormy this afternoon...ruining the pool/BBQ party we are invited to. I was so looking forward to it and seeing some friends that I haven't seen for a long time. Sigh...
    Enjoy the Apple Festival and snap a picture or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day and it was fun to watch the parade along with the kids. I took my camera along and had some fun.
      :0)

      Delete