Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Barn Collective

Pretty much left to the elements. Once upon a time I used to see an old woman out tending the yard and, on cold winter days, smoke would waft in a little, white cloud from the chimney of the little, stone building. I can only imagine what it was like fifty to a hundred years ago...

I'm not likely to pass this way often once James closes on our house, but curiosity will occasionally call me down this road. I already know that, and I already miss spring in the apple orchard.

Our days on Shepherd Road will forever be a cherished memory.

The Barn Collective

6 comments:

  1. Those are the memories to cherish.
    What a beautiful setting.
    The apple blossoms must be heavenly.
    Happy Mother's Day to you my dear blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this time of year in the orchards!
      Happy Mother's Day to you!

      Delete
  2. ...Martha, this is a beaut at time of year before the trees are leafed out. Where is it. It sure is a rustic sweetheart! Thanks for sharing and I hope that you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on Shepherd Rd between Fisher and Stoney Lonesome. North side. I just love the barn.

      Delete
  3. Martha, There are certain places that just call your name, aren't there? I know you are going to miss your old road but I bet you will find new roads to love and find other beautiful new/old places. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Diana, there are. Living on our little farm was a beautiful gift. I soaked in those moments... Life is completely different today, but beautiful just the same.

      Delete