Thursday, May 30, 2019

This and That

I have an abscessed cyst under my arm, just beneath my armpit, but toward the front so it doesn't actually get pinched or rub on anything. It's been angry for a week now and getting more furious every day. I am exercising patience and treating with warm compresses as I am able, which isn't often because my schedule isn't very conducive to sitting long periods with a microwaved rice bag under my arm. Although I did sit for a time in the baby room with it yesterday morning. I will make a trip to Urgent Care on Saturday when my new health insurance kicks in. The one I have now is garbage. The closest "in-network" Urgent Care is an hour away, and the first available appointment at the doctor's office wasn't until after Saturday. I don't have a fever and have been able to work all week. One more day to get through...

Speaking of work, things have been a bit tense. We're due for a "kitchen audit" and whatever is happening has the owner in a tizzy. She's been there almost every day telling everyone all the things they're doing wrong. Who knew feeding/serving preschoolers was so complicated? They say it's "all about the children," but it's obviously "all about the regulations" and pleasing The Powers That Be. Oh, my... My boss is stressed, my co-workers are stressed...  Even the kids are stressed! And yes, the pressure is on me too. The Big Boss is so busy scrutinizing the classrooms, that no one is taking the time to make sure the cook isn't missing some minute detail that may cost us points. Makes the head spin!

I pirated the pictures...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my..I sure hope that you got things taken care of today. That abcess doesn't sound very comfortable.
    Work related stress is the pits.. everyone "gets in on the action" poor kiddos too. Hope that all goes well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The abscess was looking better this morning after weeping through the night. Bethany gave an essential oil treatment last night (on the bottoms of my feet) and a spoonful of special medicine with silver in it. I did go to Urgent Care, but I'm not sure if that really did any more good than my daughter. They gave me a prescription for antibiotics and a note to get out of going to work Monday if need be. So that's something.

      Delete