Friday, May 10, 2019

No Headache! Yeah!!!

Today my headache is gone. I had a smallish one early in the day, but I am very thankful to say it has disappeared. It was a rough week. In spite of going home 6 hours early on Tuesday, I did manage to collect 38 1/2 hours of actual working time, and I am grateful for that too. I won't need to collect vacation pay to make up for any lost time.

I was talking with my boss at the end of the day. She mentioned how she didn't think one of our coworkers would last very long, and I replied that when I started they probably didn't think I was going to last very long either. I said I'd started the job fried. Ha ha! But it's true. I'd sat with my friend Gail for close to two years, was going through one of life's most trying times, and was totally used up. In my first couple weeks on the job, I worked eleven days in a row. It's no wonder I didn't last in the toddler room, even though they are some of my most favorite people in the world.

So now it's the weekend. And Mother's Day to boot. I have plans to spend the day with my daughter tomorrow. We're going back to the Finger Lakes Pottery Tour. I don't get many Bethany Days so I'm looking forward to this one. And just maybe another piece of Hannah Graeper Carver's pottery for my meager collection.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you.
    I'm so glad you are feeling better and you can look forward to your Bethany Day.
    Beautiful pottery...enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue!
      It was a beautiful day.
      Happy Mother's Day to you too.
      :0)

      Delete