Sunday, May 05, 2019

Hunks and Chunks

* Today I got mad. Hopping mad. I don't get mad like that often, but today I did. And when I got home there was not a big pile of dishes to wash, so I put my angry energy to good use and fixed up the front room. Swept the floor, moved a table out, brought some chairs in, and rolled Mom's old buffet in from the garage. Took the drawers out and the mirror off, and rolled it right through the galley kitchen and into the dining room. I think it looks pretty nice in there with Mom's dining room table. (Thanks to the Cabinet Maker for refinishing the table top.)

*I'm slightly at a loss as to what to take pictures of lately, but the sun was hitting my water tank friend just right this evening. He looked handsome with his new paint job and the trees are dressed for spring. I know it's silly, but that old water tank has been around ever since I could see straight and I'm kind of attached to it. Besides, I liked how those two trees were framing the picture.
(Now you know I'm weird.)

* I dug up my tulip yesterday and brought her home. She brought some friends along; a bit of English ivy and some grassy looking stuff. I need to find her a permanent home in one of the gardens, but I haven't quite decided which one yet. Isn't she beautiful?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes "Mad" is good. It pushes us to get things done in a big way.
    When I was a teenager it was my job to cut the front lawn. (only child..) When I got mad, for whatever reason...I got out the lawnmower...the old push kind...and went at it. We had the best cut lawn on the block!
    Cutting the grass and cleaning my room were my go to stress therapy.
    I do hope that it helped you as the work you did was awesome. Love the furniture and your Tulip transfer. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! I'm glad you were able to get the tulip.

    ReplyDelete