Sunday, May 26, 2019

An Accidental Phone Call and a Trip to the Lake

This afternoon I was alone and looking for some company so I decided to call my sister Priscilla and see if she was home. I heard the phone ringing on the other end of the line and a voice said ,"Hello." I said hello back but when the other person said, "Hi, Martha," I suddenly realized I had not called my sister. Silly me. "Is this Pam?" I asked the voice on the other side, and she affirmed it was. My mind spun a little and I decided to honest and admitted I'd called her by accident. (Both Pam and Priscilla start with the letter P...)

The last time I saw my cousin Pam was likely in the parking lot at Wegmans when she told me she had moved "far, far away" which actually meant out of Webster to a town about half an hour away. Once upon a time Pam and I spent hours upon hours together. We were great friends as children, and later on I babysat her kids while she went to work, but now we rarely catch up anymore. My accidental phone call turned into a purposeful meeting she told me she was going to visit her mom, my Aunt Margie, and I asked if I could meet her there. We had a nice visit in the courtyard of the home where Aunt Margie lives. I am thankful God had me distracted when I pushed the button on my phone. It turned out to be a good afternoon.

There was no one here when I returned home, so I took myself for a ride to the lake and took a few pictures. Lake levels are high again this year and expected to rise a bit more. Not so great for those with homes and businesses along the shore, but it made for some interesting pictures.

 In other news, Hannah and I have now completed seven days of our 30 Day Cleanse. So far so good. I'm getting the hang of it, enjoying the shakes more (never imagined I'd be doing this...), and drinking lots of water. Only 23 days left and hopefully by then I'll be ready to stick with more permanent and healthy eating habits. And yes, I have dropped a few pounds.
:0)

3 comments:

  1. I call those kind of calls or events..Divine Appointments...
    What a wonderful "mistake" to bring about a reconnection.
    This is the second Prod this morning for me to reconnect with several people I haven't chatted with in far too much time. My devotion this morning talked about friendship and then I read a story in Guideposts Magazine about reconnecting ...and now your post..Guess what I'm going to do today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you're going to connect with someone special that you haven't talked to in a long time.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Yup, it's going to happen today instead...Life really got in the way yesterday.
      Missing this special person and her hubby so very much!

      Delete