Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Migraine Day. Yeah!

Migraine headaches are no picnic. I haven't had a bad one in years now, until this morning. Nausea threatened as I attempted to eat my dry, bland breakfast. I felt spacey, like I shouldn't be out driving, but I was. My head throbbed, my eye, nose, ear, and neck ached. I wanted to crumple up in heap and go to sleep, but I passed out breakfast and headed to the baby room... I sent my boss a text, "I am here but I have a migraine. I don't think I can stay." She texted back, "ok" and I waited for 9 am to arrive. I'm sad to say, I don't think I was much help between 7 am and 9, but I did hold little ones and bottles and let the others sit on my lap and crawl across my legs. I sat on the floor with my eyes closed and my back against the wall. When I was able to punch out, I went to my car and slept in the parking lot for an hour before going home to sleep some more. This evening I went to the chiropractor and played in the mud at the pottery studio. Now I am tired and ready to sleep. Pretty sure I'll be good as new tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, so sorry you had such a migraine. They leave you so drained. Ugh. I hope you're as good as new tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was better, but not 100 percent. I forgot how bad migraines are.

      Delete
  2. Do you take prescription migraine medication? My daughter was on prescription migraine medication, but the side effects were terrible. We found Advil migraine pills ( they also have Excedrin Migraine but they don't work as well) & they work quickly and are as good as the prescription she was on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prescriptions. Most of my migraines were hormonal and I haven't had a bad one in a couple of years. I'm going with ibuprofen for now and tonight a bit of Benadryl, to help me sleep.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry Martha. I have never had a migraine.
    From what you describe...I sure don't want one.
    I hope you had a good rest and feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This too shall pass. Maybe one more good night's sleep will do it.

      Delete