Saturday, May 11, 2019

Bethany Day

It was a beautiful day to drive south toward Ithaca, NY and the Finger Lakes Pottery Tour. I did not take a ton of pictures and we did not stop to gaze at waterfalls this time, but Bethany and I did have a very nice day together, and we did find her childhood pal Hannah Graeper Carver who smiled when she saw us and gave each of us a hug. (Visit her page and take a look around.)

We were treated to a glaze trailing demonstration which was really cool. I'd like to try it sometime and was given some good tips. Beth and I each bought a piece of pottery. I am amassing my collection slowly. I have a total of four pieces now, and maybe I'll add another piece or two this summer. I figure it I'm going to be a fan of any potter in particular, I'm choosing her. Her pottery is beautiful.

Beth and I visited a second location on the tour as well. A potter from the studio in Rochester had some of her work displayed there. Very nice, and very expensive. I admired it, but didn't buy anything. We had lunch in Ithaca, saw some white deer behind the fence at the old Seneca Army Depot along the way home, and stopped for an ice cream cone supper at Yia Yia's on our way through Williamson.

No comments:

Post a Comment