Sunday, May 19, 2019

Apple Blossom Parade 2019

The weekend is waning... Sunshine prevailed and we were blessed with fair weather for the Apple Blossom Parade and my son Dave's gathering in celebration of the occasion. I took my camera along for the day and actually took pictures.

We were sitting across the street from where the parade turned off the side street and onto Main Street which gives a little different perspective than just the typical side view of everyone marching past.

Number Nine was excited to see the firetrucks. He loves them, but they were just a little bit too loud sometimes.

Local parades never fail to produce favorite groups and bands year after year. The Towpath Volunteers are always one of my favorites. I love their vintage clothing too.

The Marion Redcaps always show up too. That's what neighbors are for, right? I like their simple uniforms as well.

 There were a few cool old tractors. This one says "Oliver" down the front.

 Mighty St Joe's Alumni Drum and Bugle Corp.

 Kook Sul Won Martial Arts has been part of Williamson for many years. How about that guy closest to me in the center? (That is Number Three. Number Two has a red belt also but he was passing out fliers to the crowd.)

And then there was this cool old jeep near the tail end of the parade. (I took a picture for Bethany who wasn't there and loves Jeeps.)

I walked down Main Street to the grand stand and food truck area looking for familiar faces. I saw a few. Stopped for a hug with my friend Erin, talked to Carla for a minute, and had time for a quick hello as I passed some others, but the streets were mostly full of strangers. At one point I realized that all the children who went to school with ours are grown up now and we are growing old. Slowly, of course. 




4 comments:

  1. What a delightful parade and celebration.
    I love the small town atmosphere and know what you mean about not finding a lot of familiar faces....
    Why does everyone have to grow up?
    Sigh...
    I guess I am really feeling my age this morning....
    Hope your Monday is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved this small town for many years now. Like all small communities, it has it quirks and troubles, but I love it anyway.
      The parade was fun, and I think growing up should happen a lot slower, like it did when I was a kid.
      It was a very nice, albeit sleepy, Monday.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. How about the Savannah Cellar Savers? They march in our June firetruck parade in Weedsport. I LOVE them. (#9 is absolutely adorable).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the Savannah Cellar Savers many years, but I don't recall them being there this time. Neither were the crazy Shiner guys in their little cars.
      Thank you. I think he is quite adorable too.
      :0)

      Delete