Monday, May 13, 2019

Bits and Pieces

* All I want to do is sleep. I was wondering what in the world is wrong with me when I suddenly remembered... it's allergy season! It's been a cool, wet spring, but one look out the window at those flowering trees, bushes, and flowers will remind you there is an abundance of pollen in the air, on the ground, and covering anything in the vicinity of flowering plants, which is just about everything. (I'm not sneezing yet, but that could happen tomorrow...)

* Today I received a very special package in the mail. It came from Minnesota and a sweet almost six year old. I hate that he is growing up so far away, but I know he has a set of grandparents there who love him and his baby brother very much, and they don't have other grandchildren like us. We have a plethora of grandchildren, which makes sharing just a wee tiny bit easier.

* Two of my boys brought me flowers for Mother's Day. So sweet of them. Especially the one without a wife to remind him. He is a treasure, but then again, aren't they all? I only wish I could gather everyone under one roof again, ... or at least in one yard. That is the hope and prayer of this mom's heart.

* It's supposed to rain most of the week. I hope that means we'll have a nice weekend.
:0)

4 comments:

  1. They ARE all treasures, each one of them. And gathering them all under one roof again is my dream for my kids too. I tell you, my heart and my soul are wrapped up in my kids and when they go through hard times, I would do anything to spare them pain and suffering...but I have to believe that they need these things to grow and develop, and have to just let it go. It's worse when they're older than when they were younger! I get a glimpse of how it must be for our Heavenly Father concerning us: He wants us to make the right choices, and be humble and forgiving, so He can bless us and give us good things....we want the same for our own children...also, Martha, I think of you often and pray for you. I consider you my dear friend, even though we've only met up a few times in "real life". I hope the rain stops by the weekend....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Della, thank you for being my friend, for praying for me, and being there. Yes, grown up kids are much harder. I just keep giving them back to our Heavenly Father again and again. Treasures. Each and every one! Being a mom is an emotional journey.

      Love you! Maybe we can plan another meet up.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Allergies are brutal this time of year.
    My eyes itch so badly...
    It's suppose to rain here this weekend...what's with that? Summer is really suppose to be here for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like March all over again. Cold and rainy, but I know that could change in an instant. Oh, the rain... but doesn't it signify blessing?

      Delete