Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolving...

1. I stole a photo of Josh and his hot chocolate. He was just so pleased with those Sponge Bob mugs! (This next year, I resolve not to steal...?)

2. Patience... I resolve to continue working on that one.

3. I promise to water the "flowers" and treat them well.

4. I do not promise to have a cleaner, neater house, since I have come to believe the quest is certain to leave me only bitter and frustrated. Instead I resolve to continue seeing toys strewn across the floor as jewels.

5. I hope to one day this coming year purchase a camera of a little higher quality than my present one. But, I'm not making any promises.

6. I shall endeavor, once again, to lose the extra pounds I have put on since Hannah was born. Every time I lose a few they find me again and bring along a friend or two. Well, there's no more room in the house!

7. I will do my utmost to actually finish those books I got out of the church libraries (two different churches...), "Having a Mary Spirit" by Joanna Weaver, "Our Values: Stories and Wisdom" by Dale Evans, and "Tramp for the Lord" by Corrie ten Boom. This may require a little less time on Facebook...

8. I shall continue in my endeavor to meet my bloggie friends face to face. (How will I ever get to the Pacific North West if I can't even make it halfway to Syracuse?)

9. I shall sing more, grumble less... and buy my family earplugs. :0)

10. I shall pray for wisdom in how to bring a bit of joy and purpose back into my mother's life. Jigsaw puzzles, the daily newspaper, crosswords, and my blue chair just aren't doing it for her.

11. I must eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more water, and take a walk each and every day... or at least think about it.

12. Deep inside I want to be like my father, who had the wonderful way of making everyone feel special. I want to have a world full of favorites, or at least people who think they are!

13. I shall purpose to sit on the couch more with my family (after exercising, of course) , play more games, and be a little more involved in what they love.

And that is it for today. Maybe I will stay up until midnight, maybe I will watch a movie with my family, maybe I will eat popcorn shrimp... and maybe I'll decide to hit the sack early, although that's doubtful.

6 comments:

  1. I will not be eating popcorn shrimp... We don't have any. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're staying home tonight and relaxing, although my husband was a bit disappointed in that. We have run run run non stop for the last week, and I need to rest. We will eat some shrimp and play a game together. I hope you all have a happy new year. I need to get back over there and visit Mom, and you too of course! Maybe I'll bring some crochet along and see if I can get her going on that. My heart hurts for her and all the changes that 2009 and 2010 brought her, but God is good and is still showering her with great blessings that I hope her eyes are wide open to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has an afghan waiting to be finished here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Know. Isn't it supposed to be Hannah's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #12. You end up blessing yourself when you do this, right? So perfect.

    Love the baby weight from Hannah! LOL! How old can our kids get before we can use them for that excuse? :) At least 30 I say! ha.

    Happy 2011, Martha! I love your sense of humor. May this year be one of happiness, peace and wonderful surprises for you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Betsy. I know I need to improve my attitude going in. I may have to refer back to this several times throughout the year. You are an inspiration! Thanks for being there.

    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete