Monday, December 27, 2010

Maybe Next Year...

The stockings were stuffed...

Thirteen ideas for next year. (Would somebody please remind to to look at this come August?)

1. Keep up with the lasagna and salad dinners for Christmas. It's perfect!
2. Never neglect the Christmas Eve service no matter how many things need to get accomplished before morning arrives.
3. Try wrapping those gifts before midnight Christmas Eve. It would be nice to see them under the tree for at least a day or two. Besides who needs the added pressure of having to wrap everything last minute?
4. Color coded storage boxes. I know the red and green plastic totes are probably gone from the stores by now, but they sure would make finding the Christmas stuff 100% easier.
5. If you plan to mail cards, stock up on stamps ahead of time, print a family photo from July, and get those babies going on one of those down days right after Thanksgiving.
6. Banker's boxes... This is a new idea for me and I'm not sure if I'll pull it off or not. I have a rather large and growing family which makes buying for Christmas a bit of a challenge. A bundle of bankers boxes, each with an individual name, could be a great place to collect random gifts throughout the year. Now where to store them?
7. Make cutout cookies a couple of times through the month of December and send them home with small friends who are more than willing to help eat and decorate.
8. Take some time away from work and the computer to watch a few of those holiday classics; "It's a Wonderful Life," "The Bishop's Wife," "A Muppet Christmas Carol,"...
9. Homemade mittens make great gifts. (Thanks, Andrea!)
10. Keep plenty of ones and spare change on hand so you can put something in the Red Kettle every time.
11. Get the tree early and decorate it with all the glee and excitement of a five year old.
12. Hang lights outside!
13. Make time to be in or attend a Christmas pageant or two and be sure to let it be known which holiday you wish your friends and neighbors to enjoy! "Merry Christmas!"

PS. Don't forget the family white elephant gift exchange. It's so much fun.

8 comments:

  1. We wrapped our gifts on Christmas Eve too, although there weren't many. The grab gifts got wrapped just before we came. Great 13...good to refer to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe you are the only one who lives in Blogworld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. remind me to read this again in August, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love all 13... I must print this off and put it with my decorations for next year.

    I loved your photo album on fb. Wonderful family pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, and YES! to all of it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list. I especially like the idea of using a picture from July. What time and chaos that would save!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list. I am always sorry and scrambling at the last minute, as though I didn't know Christmas was coming up. Well, my cards are bought and addressed for next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristina, I so wanted to send an extra pie back to Minneapolis with Jim, but didn't have the time to bake and freeze it before he left. I just wanted so bad to send you a pie. I am so disappointed in myself. :(

    ReplyDelete