Thursday, December 09, 2010

Cookies

Tonight I baked my second batch of cutout cookies. If I can find some powdered sugar and sprinkles maybe tomorrow I will sit down and frost cookies with my little people. The batch I baked on Monday is gone already and, unbelievably, I did not eat one. I have been tempted by both cookie and dough, but thus far have been able to resist. I pray I can hold out but I know it won't be easy. Thankfully, I found a recipe for gluten-free gingerbread cookies online and I think I just might have all the ingredients. (Yes, I am playing that gluten-free game again...)

Winter is putting us into the deep freeze. It is presently about 10 degrees Fahrenheit with fluffy white snow on the side. The remaining blades of grass poking through the snow disappeared sometime this afternoon. Jazz continues to struggle and is limping quite badly. She uses her nose as a fourth leg when needed and slipped on the bottom step coming inside this afternoon. I think she'll not be spending quite so much time out in the snow this winter. Maybe I need to get her a pair of doggie boots...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you find your powdered sugar and sprinkles.... I have some extra if you need them. I'm not good with roll out cookie dough...Maybe I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jazz, I feel sorry for her, but happy that she's home where she should be.

    ReplyDelete