Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Sleeping on the Job

It's hard to belive the week is already half over. Monday was busy because there was no school here and we had two extra "flowers" to tend. Though I thoroughly enjoyed my day, I unfortunately ended it with a sinus headache. I took some Musinex and 2 Advil after supper, sat down to relax, and fell asleep instead. I had a couple friends join me.

Tuesday was cold and blustery, and I opted not to take my Little Guy out in the weather, thus I missed my weekly trip to Webster and Ladies' Prayer at Calvary Chapel. Instead I wandered about the house for a bit before taking some more Musinex and Advil and spent Tuesday morning much like I spent the night previous, asleep in the chair. My Little Guy played with Play-Do while Hannah did school work. Thankfully, I did not need any Advil today.

Winter has successfully enfolded us in its grasp. After three or four days straight of bitter wind, I have decided I am not in any hurry to dash out to the store after the house settles down in the evening. I hear we have sufficient snow accumulation in the area, but it seems most of ours has blown south a few miles. I can still see blades of grass sticking through the snow in my backyard. Jasmine, our three-legged dog, has thought it best to stick close to home lately. She is almost ten years old and struggles to maneuver without two front legs. She falls often and the trek to Martin's house must be too arduous in the snow and cold. She prefers the warm of the rug in front of the wood stove lately. Of course, I say that today, but I suppose she could decide to move back in with Martin tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment