Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Goodies

Today I tried my hand at making fruitcake. The nice thing about making your own is that you get to decide what goes into it. Mine has dried currants, cranberries, apricots, golden raisins, dates, and walnuts. I decided the dried cherries were a little too pricey... I'm sure I will need a little practice before I get it just right, but my first batch turned out pretty good, even if I do say so myself! Thanks Kristen. :)

Last week, while the weather was cold and frosty, James and I made toffee. We only covered one side with chocolate and crushed walnuts this time. Don't they look yummy? Thanks, Wanda! (Aren't bloggy friends great?)

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. goodies, oh yeah, the best part of the holidays. Well, besides church services at midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a midnight mass. Our service is at 7 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fruitcake sounds much better than the ones you find in the stores. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM~ both look and sound so good!

    ReplyDelete