Thursday, December 23, 2010

Whatever Shall I Do?

It was a short week and now the vacation begins. I'm sure it will fly by too and I will likely not accomplish everything my heart desires. All too soon Jim will be gone back to Minnesota and it will be 2011, but along with the new year will come the return of the little people I have come to love. (If you think I look miserable in the photo, it's only because the camera is pointed at me.) The house seems almost too quiet today.

I had hoped to go out shopping for the day, but my plans were thwarted by a mid morning piano lesson and a son who gets out of work a little after 3 pm. I did get to the bank though, and also went out to lunch with a couple of my wonderful kids. A third one took a lunch break from his job washing dishes and joined us. When he is finished at the diner, we'll head out to fight the thronging crowds. Tomorrow I plan to stay home, "Christmas-tize" the house, put together an lasagna, and do a little baking. Hopefully, I can get to the grocery store tonight and won't have to run out in the morning. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. We are in countdown aren't we? I will be baking a few pies tomorrow, and getting the turkey ready for Saturday.

    Had a wonderful Mother/Daughter day with my middle daughter, Julie. We had a "God" day, finding the perfect parks at the Mall, getting what we needed ON SALE ~ and lunch at Penara Bread...hot soup.

    Merry Christmas...next few days are going to be so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you didn't have ivy and Andrew today? I thought their mom was a Webster school teacher. I worked all day. Tomorrow I will make a turkey dinner and then go to Dave's parent's church for their Christmas Eve service. My lasagna might be put together on Christmas morning. I never did find 2 more gifts for the gift exchange at your house. I ran out of time this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have the most wonderful Christmas! I'm so glad you are my bloggy friend! Enjoy your family..and I hope you get some rest at the same time!

    ~Betsy
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Judi!

    Wanda, you have been in my thoughts. Sounds like you are having a "little bit" of rain.

    Rachel, Daddy took the day off.

    Betsy, I am blessed to have you as a friend too. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Mommy... You are baking tomorrow and baking is on my mind as well. Hope to make some cookies before Christmas comes and goes.

    Also,I need to find some apples, just enough for Jim to be able to take Dan a pie. He says Dan will be very disappointed if he doesn't come home with a pie... What to do? What to do?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I still have two in my freezer, and I still have a pile of blueberries to boot!

    ReplyDelete