Monday, December 06, 2010

Garden Tending

The weather outside is frightful and God saw fit to bless us with a day off school. It is a parent conference day so the busyness was fully expected. Last night I stirred up some sugar cookie dough, and while the "flowers" played Play-Do, I rolled and cut cookies. I'm hoping we will have a little bit of time to decorate some this afternoon. Right now they are watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

My Little Guy had a wonderful time playing Play-Do today. He sat at the table for an hour, I think, just enjoying himself. He stayed when the others went off to do something else and was still there when they returned. Makes we wonder why I just keep it up in the cupboard and hardly ever take it out for them to play with. Maybe it's the mess? Today it seemed worth the trouble.

I have enjoyed so much having Troy and Tyler here. We just don't have enough conference days. And you know, I don't even really mind the fact that Hannah is really supposed to be the one watching them. I just like having them around. Kind of rounds out "the garden."

2 comments:

  1. Martha, you have the most delightful "garden." I could just stare at those darlings all day. And your little guy with his playdough...How cute it that!!!!
    I remember those days of long ago.

    I don't get the great grandsons yet, but hopefully before they get too big. My grandson is so protective, he hardly lets those boys out of his sight. It's a good thing my daughter lives close by so he can enjoy being grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like fun at your house. I'll be there in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete