Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Teal Lake?

It has been a long time since we've seen Teal Lake,... until today...

The day started off wet and rainy and we took our umbrellas out to wait for the bus. I must say we have been blessed with mild bus stop weather this year,... until today... I know we will eventually end up seeking cover in my van, especially when the wind turns cold and bitter, unless someone decided to build us a shelter.

So far this year we have managed to escape any significant snow accumulation,... until today... It started mid morning and fell in thick wet flakes. It would have been perfect for a snowball war, if I was still fifteen, but Bethany and I were making pies again. We had to use up the leftover apples.

It was also busy day. I finally found a few moments to sit down and suddenly heard a loud crash. Our Christmas tree had fallen over. There was nobody near i,t except Oreo who took off in the commotion. We had not even hung all the heavy ornaments on one side. In fact I was just thinking about "borrowing" some of Mom's decorations to liven it up a bit. Turns out the tree's trunk was cut at an angle and it just got tired of standing on one foot. (I only got one picture as My Darling did not find the whole episode quite as amusing as I did. He doesn't always appreciate my sense of humor...) Water trailed across the floor and ornaments were scattered on the carpet.

And last of all, I finally had a chance to see my hero, The Cat in the Hat. He came along while we were eating supper, stepped into the upturned hat, and attempted to make himself comfortable. Unfortunately, it was just a little bit small and he didn't stay around long. It started to tip over, like the tree, and he took off for another resting place.

4 comments:

  1. Your poor tree. I hope that you were able to salvage all of your ornaments. For a minute I thought maybe Oreo tried to climb your tree.
    The weather was terrible for the drive to the Dr and we ended up being late. We were only about 10 min late, but he was about 40 minutes behind schedule, so it was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun post to read this morning, Martha.

    The cat in the hat is priceless.

    BTW I love your new blogger wallpaper. Perfect with the cookie header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, part of the reason we own cheap plastic ornaments! I see the humor in it though...glad you were able to get it back up on two feet.

    I <3 Oreo!!!

    ReplyDelete