Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Little Excitement

I woke this morning feeling already defeated. Not the best way to start the day, and definitely not the way to start it out right. The problem is that I am too focused on what isn't getting done and not focused enough on what is getting accomplished.

The girls did not have school today and were happy to enjoy a day at Martha's. I threw in a load of laundry (which I should be folding...) and cleaned off one of my counter tops. This involved shaking the fire hazard of crumbs from the bottom of my toaster. How's that for something I don't do every day? Lucas and Simon showed up about 9:30 am and livened things up a bit. We fed them all lunch at noon. Lucas and Simon went home soon after lunch and at 12:45 pm another couple of boys arrived on the school bus and we enjoyed the afternoon with Tyler and Troy.

I did not vacuum today, but I did sweep the kitchen floor (and picked up the dirt pile too!), and I had spaghetti and meatballs on the table by a little after six. It's been a busy day. Maybe I'll decide to run the vacuum cleaner tomorrow, or maybe I'll just play blocks with Andrew and Vinnie.

5 comments:

  1. I think you accomplished more than you thought you did.

    That baby has the sweetest smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! Is his hair always like that? I love it.

    Today I swept enough so my baby wasn't crawling in thick crumbs (he tends to eat the big ones). I think I did some other things, but I can't remember. I told Joel I keep the kids fed, educated, dressed, safe, and clean and that is a significant accomplishment :). You do that too, so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I would think you a slacker if you hadn't picked up the dirt pile, ;)( i'd have pushed under the throw rug if I was tired)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judi, I have been known to sweep it into an "out of the way" location to be picked up later. ;)

    Sherri, when Nathan was a baby he would drop food from his high chair in the hope that he could come back and find it later on when he was hungry again. Sometimes he was successful. And yes, his hair is always like that. :)

    Wanda, I guess we did alright. The dust will be there to clean up tomorrow. And, after it is cleaned up I will have about a day and a half before it looks as though I never tried. It's the beauty of a wood stove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good day to me. Tomorrow maybe I will actually get something accomplished here.

    ReplyDelete