Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Hannie Bannie

Hannah's back injury is now two weeks old. Since that time she has not only struggled with the pain of a compression fracture, but has also dealt with the aches, pains, and upset stomachs that come with taking pain medication and fighting stomach bugs and viruses. It is no understatement to say she is "sick of being sick." I was blessed to see her feeling like herself once again today.

I got up in time to meet Emma, but was soon informed that she was ill and would be staying home today. Mid-morning Hannah and I headed out to Webster together. First stop was the doctor's office in Webster to gather a doctor's signature for Bethany. There I talked with James' cousin Angel and kissed her forehead where she has a scar left by a "tennis racket wielding teenager" years ago. This has become a ritual for us, as each time we meet she tells the story of how I accidentally whacked her between the eyes over thirty years ago. (I think she really likes the kisses I started giving her a year or so ago.)

After a visit to the bank and a quick stop in BJ's Wholesale Club, Hannah and I hit the shopping plaza and visited Joanne Fabrics, Kohl's (I had Kohl's cash..), Target, Barnes and Noble, and Wegman's. From there we headed back toward home. The car wash line was much too long so the van is still covered with dirt and salt. I'll have it washed on a "not so beautiful" kind of day. I decided to stop in at the chiropractor's office and make Hannah an appointment. It was the lunch hour but they were in the office and were kind enough to talk with us for a few minutes and give her an appointment for next week.

In my ventures at the shopping center I came to the conclusion that one should make sure to save a couple hundred dollars or so to spend the week following Christmas. The sales are great and besides, it gives a good head start on the collection of gifts that will be needed next holiday season.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day!

    Glad Hannah is doing better.

    Like your idea of saving some money for after Christmas shopping.

    I went through closets today, and took two bags to the Goodwill. Sure have a lot more room in the closet. Also got my Art supplies organized to start a new art challenge on my Art Blog.

    Happy New Year dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sales are good after Christmas. They probably rival Black Friday sales. Thanks so much for your help getting that signature. Good ol' NYS...

    "nest week" That doesn't make sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one of the grab gifts for next year when I was shopping with Jo yesterday. I may have gotten 2, but I'm not sure I can resist one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by and say how much I enjoy reading your blog.. and to wish you a Wonderful New Year.. a little early, but then again, I'm usually late! Take care, and perhaps we will meet this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you too, Cheryl! Getting together would be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. To my editor- Thanks, I fixed it. And, you are very welcome. It gave me another chance to kiss Angel.

    To my little sister- I also bought a few things to put away, though I'm about as good at saving things all through the year as I am at buying them early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it Angel at Webster Commons? That's where my boys go and Angel is a secretary. Just curious :).

    Hope Hannah is still feeling better. Also I have a list of widows I pray for because in the past few years I have found there are many. Your mom is on the list, and when I pray for her it reminds me to pray for you. And some mornings, sadly, I only get to the widows. But that must be who God wants me to pray for :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Sherri, it is Angel at Webster Commons. She is James's first cousin and was my neighbor growing up. (Ask to see her scar and she'll tell you the story, at least her side of it...)

    ReplyDelete