Friday, December 03, 2010

Still in Love

This child looks a little bit different these days. He is taller and thinner. He isn't a baby anymore and he goes to school. But, he is still a sweetheart and doesn't mind snuggling up next to me or Hannah. He told me a secret yesterday. He whispered in my ear that he still has three blankets at home (I think he saw Ivy with hers) and when everyone was settled onto the couch to watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, he asked if we still had "that white blanket." It was his favorite blanket to nap with for the few years he spent with me. It was upstairs and he was happy to hold it and relax a little bit for the movie. Yup. I'm still in love with him.

5 comments:

  1. There is something so precious and comforting about a special blanket or quilt.

    My grandson Marc (18) took his "baby quilt" I made him to a track and field event that was an overnighter. I was so surprised, I ask him if the guys made fun of him, and he said NO, they only wished they had a quilt their grandma had made to many years ago.. He said it was his "Good Luck" quilt.

    I'm in love with Marc too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He must miss it at your place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a flower kiddo! glad he came home to visit his special gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really is a sweetheart, Rockstar Woman. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete