Sunday, December 19, 2010

Weekend Thoughts

The weekend is rapidly coming to a close. Part of me is ready for a new week and another part is in denial. I must admit that my internal struggle was interrupted by a bit of "other-centered" thoughts the past few days. (Why does it take such happenings to put life back into perspective?) Not only has my mind been on my own children with their injuries and illness, but I am also thinking of the little ones who have come into my care during the week, little ones who need love and tender care in the absence of their parents. I desperately wish to grow my garden just a little bit bigger. Maybe just one more "flower" or two...

Though I love and look forward to weekends, today I'm looking forward to Monday and the return of little people. I will probably never have a spotless house, will likely never sort through all those piles of stuff, and will always be a few steps behind when it comes to cleaning, but seeing their smiling faces and feeling those little arms about my neck makes everything better. Not every child has someone to love them while Mom and Dad work. I think that is sad.

PS. I think "Vinegar" wants to dip his cracker in my coffee cup.

4 comments:

  1. You are so good with those little ones, and they seem so happy at your house. Have a great week with your flowers. I meant to come visit Mom today, but I fell asleep instead. I guess I needed a good nap...and Dave let me take one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it, "Vinegar".....mmmm that will taste good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, :)

    Rachel, Mom spent the day with Aunt Margie, and Uncle Chuck and Aunt Mary. Come Tuesday instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of how crazy life gets with kids, I am sure we all miss them when they are not around. I hope you have a merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete