Sunday, May 16, 2010

Walking By Faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

It was a busy weekend for me. Most weekends are. Since my weekdays are filled with small children I am left with evenings and weekends to run errands and catch up with housework. Mostly I run errands and try to keep up with whatever activity is on the agenda. Last week it was Mother's Day, this week it was the Apple Blossom Festival. Though I struggle to move faster, I never quite catch up to where I want to be. Housework gets done only in tiny bites. Maybe I need to slow down and realize instead that I am just where God wants me to be... at least as far as housework goes.

So far it has been a year of struggles and yet not a year of frustration. We have been dealing with spiritual issues that are drawing us away from one place and toward another. Though we would like to settle into one location and make ourselves comfortable, God appears to have a different plan in mind, one that will teach and grow us in a new ways and we must follow Him. It looks like this path may be leading us from one church fellowship into another.

Changing churches always comes with much hesitation and this is no exception. It is not a knee-jerk reaction and involves a certain amount of pain. There is no "perfect" church out there and every one is full of imperfect people, therefore we must step out in faith trusting God to lead us, even when we are unsure in and of ourselves. God continues to call out to us, to speak to us through His word, and talk to us in messages shared. He has not left us alone and, though I sometimes feel lonely, I am grateful for those He has put and is putting into our lives. He is not finished with us yet.

2 comments:

  1. No perfect church.... so true.

    The little church we attend is not perfect, and sometimes little things they do different than we have all those years pastoring in Hughson, bother me...and then I have to tell myself, it's not about me, it's not about the church it's about bring Glory to my Heavenly Father.... Heaven will be perfect.... I'm so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is difficult to leave a church filled with people you love, we had that with Walnut Hill. Love you.

    ReplyDelete