Monday, December 08, 2008

Good Day for an Ice Cube

The weather has been bitterly cold. A relentless wind blew all yesterday and into the wee hours of this morning leaving the temperatures in the low teens. We had a dusting of snow yesterday but I think it must have blown clear to New Jersey by now because there doesn't appear to be much of anything left out there. We've been keeping the fire stoked today! The temperature is up in the mid twenties now but for some reason my feet are still cold. It gives me a much greater appreciation of those who had to live in the day when heat was not so readily available and a thankful heart for warm, fuzzy slippers.

Josh stayed overnight with us last night. He has been having a bit of tummy trouble and after his morning nap he administered "The Babysitter Test" otherwise known as diarrhea. Today I am thankful for the sheet I purchased for my portable crib, a bathtub, a fresh package of baby wipes, and Hannah. (I did the cleaning up, she gave the child a bath.) I have been careful not to feed him anything questionable. He has had clear liquids (juice), banana, Froot Loops (is that cheating?), apple sauce with rice cereal, toast, and Cheerios. I told Bethany maybe she should bring home some Pedialyte. Between Josh's explosion, Troy's Lincoln log houses, and loudly barking dogs, it's been an interesting day...

5 comments:

  1. You have great stamina, and I would have a headache. Barking, Linconlogs and messy poo. Fun? NOT!
    come see what I did with my day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you had lots of practice, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete